Recording is an indescribable pleasure that music enthusiasts enjoy. A recording studio brings them a lot of joy and learning.
If you are one of them, you know what we mean!
Knowing how you sound will help you optimize and improve. That’s the best part about recording, isn’t it? But what do you do when you hear yourself on the mic during recording? That’s odd and annoying. It can distract you from your session and that can be quite irritating.
Why do you hear yourself while recording?
When you use the vocal mode and start playing, your vocals will go through the channel and translate to sound. All this happens in real-time, giving you no warning whatsoever. The result is that you will hear yourself.
How to not hear yourself on mic
While hearing yourself might help, it can also get annoying, as discussed earlier. So, to stop this while recording on the FL Studio, these are the steps you should follow:
- Open the Mixer after opening FL Studio
- Choose Master Channel
- Go to the Plugins section and find Menu – it is usually on top
- Select None
- Now, you can choose your preferred track for recording
- Go back to the Menu and select the right input channel. It should be the one that corresponds with your mic.
You can also adjust the sound level to stop hearing yourself. The steps to do this are:
- Go to the Mixer in FL Studio
- Choose the track that you will use
- Lower the volume
This will help you control the output. You can also control the input to stop hearing your voice. Here’s how you do it:
- Connect the audio interface to the instrument
- Choose record mode and start your track
- In your current channel, you should locate the knob to control sound
- Adjust the sound using this knob
Should you hear yourself while recording?
There’s no hard and fast rule, really. It all depends on personal preference. We think it might help but if you don’t like it, you don’t have to stick with it.
From our article, you may have figured out that the solution is quite simple. In fact, there are multiple ways to stop hearing yourself while recording in FL Studio. You can choose the easiest or the most convenient path for you. If you have any more doubts, though, please comment. We will answer your queries in subsequent blogs.