BaoFeng radios are the perfect gifts for amateur radio enthusiasts. They are affordable, easy to use, and highly functional. Before we jump straight to the topic and talk about the best speaker mic for BaoFeng, let’s get to know these amazing radios a little bit more.
A brief about BaoFeng
If you are a licensed enthusiast and want to start with something affordable and good, BaoFeng is the way to go. In fact, even commercial users find them very helpful because they work on UHF and VHF frequencies very well. They find applications in municipalities, hospitals, schools, etc. where radios are required. What’s more, you can use them in wideband and narrowband.
The output you can expect is around 8 watts. The radios allow you to program them using a PC or manually based on your convenience. Their flexibility is one of their top features among others as, we are sure, you could make out from our brief.
There’s some talk about these radios becoming illegal in some parts of the country. So, before you use them, we request you to check the laws. This will help you stay safe and on the good side of the legal system.
Best Speaker Mic for BaoFeng – Expert picks
If you are in the clear and would love to optimize your radio experience, this section is for you. We have handpicked some of the best speaker mics that you can invest in.
1. BaoFeng Speaker Mic for BaoFeng UV-5R
Isn’t the best speaker mic the one that the brand recommends? No wonder why this one’s Amazon’s Choice! It is completely reliable because it comes from the manufacturers of the radio itself. You really can’t go wrong with it. Let’s take a closer look:
- It has a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- The space between the two pins is 11 mm. One pin is for mic stereo and the other is for ear stereo.
- It is compatible with a wide range of radio models including Kenwood, PUXING, WEIERWEI, and Wouxun. To ensure that it will work with yours, check the model number before purchase.
- The core can stretch to 100 cm without stress.
2. BTECH QHM22 Platinum Series Speaker Mic
The BTECH speaker mic is another one of our top choices because it is very easy to use and works with a wide range of radios including BaoFeng, Kenwood, and BTECH. A few of its highlights are as follows:
- It is a waterproof speaker mic.
- It comes in a high impact casing to protect it from stress. Its reinforced cabling adds to its strength.
- This is essentially a shoulder mic with an 8-position spring clip.
- It is resistant to shock, dust, wind, splash, and other weather elements thanks to its PVC casing.
- The microphone promises crystal clear audio.
- It has a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
3. Compact Speaker Mic by Commountain
This speaker mic also comes with a reinforced cable and a wide range of exciting features. It is also quite flexible and fairly priced. Read on to find out more:
- It is strong and has a compact construction.
- It is an omnidirectional mic.
- The speaker has the ability to transmit sound even when the environment is loud or noisy.
- The cable is made of Kevlar fiber and has high tensile strength, making it durable and long-lasting.
- The clip can rotate 360 degrees.
- The manufacturers offer a 12-month warranty.
4. Heavy Speaker Mic – Commountain
Here’s another gem from Commountain! It is heavy-duty, reliable, and clear. In other words, it has everything you could ask for. Below are a few highlights of the same:
- The housing of the speaker mic is made out of high-impact engineering plastic.
- It has an Electret speaker.
- The mic itself is omnidirectional.
- The clip is detachable and replaceable. It also swivels for more convenience.
- The speaker microphone has a durable design and construction thanks to the high tensile coil and Kevlar fiber.
- The 3.5 mm headphone jack works for listen-only headsets.
- It is compatible with various models of BaoFeng, Kenwood, RELM, Arcshell, QuanSheng, and PuXing radios.
5. Walkie Talkie Handheld Speaker Mic for BaoFeng
The Walkie Talkie Handheld Speaker Mic is available in packs of 2 and is incredibly affordable. It has a built-in mic and speaker along with a clip at the back. Some of its features are:
- The clip rotates to make the mic more accessible. It also holds tightly in place.
- The speaker mic is compatible with Kenwood and PuXing radios as well.
- The buttons are easy to use and access.
- The cord is flexible and well-made.
- The speaker itself is of high quality and enables you to hear clearly.
Here you have it! Whichever speaker mic you choose from our list, you won’t be disappointed. However, we urge you to compare and select the one that suits your needs the most. Also, since most products come with a warranty, you don’t have to worry about wasting money. You can simply return them if you are not satisfied.
If you have any questions or feedback that you’d like us to address, please feel free to talk to us or leave a comment.